Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Service Learning Proposal

I've been toying around a lot with this assignment. I think what I'd like to do is have my group of kids help me create a small portion of my senior thesis, namely, the interpretation of image through situational constraints. This feeds to a larger whole (a board game), as they will be taking any of the various scenarios I've come up with (cards that advance the player in game) and creating the image to go with the text. Immediate examples would be:
-You stub your toe. [The pain is agonizing enough to skip a turn.]
-Your house catches fire. [Terrible insurance gains you $100.]
-You decide to be a hobo. [Get $100 for begging.]
Et cetera. It will be a chance to test a portion of my game and, more importantly, adding a unique perspective on both my project and on a greater whole than what I am limited to seeing.

If it isn't interesting enough, I think I would like to draw faces/people with the kids. Have them draw each other to really see what they see. What information they choose to show and what they choose to ignore. I think that's an interesting project too.

No comments:

Post a Comment